Kraft&Wärme, est. 1928.
Kraft&Wärme has provided outstanding heating, sanitary and ventilation installation services to its customers since 1928 and expanded its portfolio to include pipeline construction in 1930. Below is an overview of the key milestones in our company’s history.
Company founded, specialising in the installation of heating, sanitary and ventilation systems.
Company portfolio expanded to include municipal pipeline construction.
Kraft&Wärme starts to offer new, innovative and environmentally friendly technologies for trenchless pipeline installation.
In the following years, Kraft&Wärme launches a range of new installation techniques with great success. In many cases, it marks the first time these methods are used in Austria or even in Europe.
- Hydros Plus. Pipeline replacement method first used in 1994 with an exclusive licence for Austria.
- Mini Twinny. Guided bore for house connections, used as a displacement method for gas and drinking water pipelines. Used for the first time in Austria in 1995.
- Swage Lining. Executed for Vienna Water (MA 31) in 1999 – the first time the technology was used in Austria.
- Starline 200. Exclusive licence for Austria obtained in 2002, used for municipal utility company Wiener Netze GmbH ever since. Kraft&Wärme is the only company in Austria that offers this method.
- Hydros Steel for ductile cast pipelines. Used for the first time worldwide in a major project in Heiligenstädter Strasse for Vienna Water in 2002.
Kraft&Wärme obtains ISO 9001 certification.
Company sold by private owner to ABB and split into core areas of building services and pipeline technology/installation engineering.
Wiener Betriebs- und Baugesellschaft mbH (WIBEBA) takes over Kraft&Wärme pipeline technology/installation engineering section.
Kraft&Wärme is integrated into the PORR Group/Teerag-Asdag.
Company certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and BS OHSAS 18001:2007. Compliance with welding quality requirements certified in accordance with ÖNORM EN ISO 3834-2.
Special pipeline construction division, formerly RAB, integrated to specialise in the installation of fire-fighting water supply pipes and bridge drainage systems.
Portfolio expanded to include district heating and district cooling pipelines.